Throughout the coming weeks, YouTube creators will begin to see the option to connect their channel with a Google+ page. Connecting with Google+ will unlock great new features for your channel, so we want creators to understand all of their options. When you connect a channel with Google+, the channel will have a shared name and avatar with Google+, so making the right choice is important. A couple of quick notes before starting:
● If you already have a corresponding Google+ page that you’d like to connect with your channel, make sure that you've added your channel’s Google account as a manager of that page.
● If you don’t already have a Google+ page that you’d like to connect with, that’s fine, the linking process will allow you to easily create a new one.
Below is an example screen for my channel (Superman87), and here’s what the options mean:
● Superman: This option will connect my channel with an existing Google+ page that my channel’s Google account manages.
● Superman87: This option will create a new Google+ page for your channel with your existing channel name.
● Choose a better name: This option will create a new Google+ page for your channel with a different name that you specify. If you want to, you can change your name entirely, or you can make subtle adjustments to your channel username, such as adding a space or other punctuation (Superman 87).
● Clark Kent: This will link your channel with the Google+ profile on your channel’s Google account. We advise partners to link their channel with a Google+ page instead, so if you are considering using a profile instead, please view these guidelines.
To start the process right now, go to your advanced account settings in YouTube and click Connect with a Google+ Page. If you have any questions, take a look at ourhelp resources, or join our discussion G+ Community about YouTube and Google+ Integration.
John Fisher, YouTube Software Engineer, recently watched WikiWars - Evan v. Sarah in GREGORY GRUDGE MATCH!